Zaheer Khan was one of the most successful bowlers, especially fast bowlers, from India. His international career expanded almost to 15 years. He possesses excellent bowling skills and was the bench-strength of the Indian pace attack. Today we will discuss some amazing facts about Zaheer khan biography, which you probably don’t know.
Zaheer Khan Biography
- Indian international cricketer Zaheer Khan was born on 7th of October in1978 in Shrirampur, Maharashtra.
- He represent team India in all formats of the game i.e. t20, ODI and test from the year 2000 to 2014.
- Zaheer khan was the 2nd-most successful fast bowler after Kapil Dev from India in Test cricket.
- Zaheer Khan Biography: He played for Baroda and Mumbai in the Ranji cricket, the Indian domestic cricket tournament.
- Moreover, khan was given Man of the Match award with 8 wickets In the Ranji Trophy 2000/01 final against Railways.
- Zaheer Khan also played for Worcestershire in county cricket, the domestic cricket of England.
- Playing for Worcestershire, Zaheer Khan took 10 wickets against Somerset on his debut. Thus he became the first player to take 10 wickets on debut for over 100 years.
- In the World Cup 2011, khan was the most successful bowler along with Shahid Afridi, taking 21 wickets in just 9 matches.
- Khan got honor with the Arjuna Award in 2011. It is India’s 2nd highest award in the sports field.
- The ‘Wisden’ Cricketer’s Almanack chooses Zaheer among the top 5 players of the Year in 2008.
- In October 2015, Zaheer announced his retirement from international cricket.
- He played for Mumbai Indians and Delhi Daredevils in IPL.
- Zaheer khan has two brothers, Zeeshan and Anees.
- Zaheer Khan Biography: He did his primary education from the New Marathi Primary school and the K. J. Somaiyya Secondary School in Shrirampur.
- Later he leaves his collage Pravara rural engineering college, because of his interest in cricket.
- Zaheer khan share on his Twitter account that he is going to engage the bollywood actress Sagarika Ghatge and later they got married on 23 November 2017.
Zaheer khan: In international debuts
- Khan made his ODI debut against Kenya and Test debut against Bangladesh in the same year, 2000.
- When pacers R. P. Singh and Sreesanth made their international debuts in 2005, they make it difficult for Khan to retain his position back in the team. But later in 2006, he was again in the Indian team for the tour of South Africa.
- Zaheer khan has total 282 ODI wickets to his name.
- Zaheer Khan Biography: Additionally, He is the leading Indian bowler with highest wicket taker (44) in a world cup along with Javagal Srinath.
- Khan has taken total 311 wickets in test cricket.
- He has the unique world record for the highest Test score by a number 11 batsman, when he scored 75 against Bangladesh in 2004. Later it was broken by WI and Australian number 11 batsmen in 2012 and 2013 respectively.
- Zaheer khan also did the duty as bowling consultant for Indian team in 2017.
- In Mumbai, Khan inaugurated a fitness and sports company naming ProSport Fitness and Services in 2014.