MS Dhoni Biography: Only the name is enough. Mahendra Singh Dhoni, also known as captain cool, Mahi and MSD so much characters you can called upon him. He have a magical influence on the Indian cricket as from the time he enters the international cricket. badging numerous records to his name, Dhoni is today regarded as the most successful captain, awesome finisher of the game and the top wicket-keeper etc. Today we have some amazing and awesome facts about his biography and life. I hope you would really enjoy them. So lets start.
MS Dhoni biography facts:
MS Dhoni biography–
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni was born on 7th of July in 1981 in Ranchi, Jharkhand, then Bihar.
- He belongs to a Hindu Rajput family.
- His father’s name is Pan Singh.
- He has one sister and one brother named Jayanti Gupta and Narendra Singh Dhoni respectively.
- His childhood village is Lvali in the Almora District of Uttarakhand.
- Dhoni’s family moved to Ranchi later, because his father worked in junior management positions in MECON there.
- He has many nicknames as MSD, Mahi and Captain Cool.
- He is an Indian, international attacking right-handed middle-order batsman and a wicket-keeper.
- MSD had captained the Indian cricket team in 50-50 and 20-20 overs formats from the year 2007 to 2016 and was a test captain from 2008 to 2014.
- He is widely known as one of the greatest finishers in limited-overs cricket matches and also has very fast hands behind the wickets.
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni made his ODI debut against Bangladesh in December 2004.
- He played his first ever international test match against Sri Lanka.
- Dhoni has won many awards, which includes the ICC ODI Player of the Year award in 2008 and 2009 and thus become the first player to win this award twice, the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award in 2007, Padma Shri in 2009 and Padma Bhushan in 2018.
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni was the captain of the ICC World Test XI team in the year of 2009, 2010 and 2013.
- MSD was conferred the honorary rank of Lieutenant Colonel on 1st of November 2011. Thus became the second Indian cricketer after Kapil Dev to receive this rank.
- He also holds number of captaincy records such as the most wins in Tests, ODIs and T20Is by an Indian captain and most back-to-back wins by an Indian captain in ODI matches.
Amazing biography story of MS Dhoni
MS Dhoni biography-
- Dhoni replaced Rahul Dravid to become an ODI captain in 2007.
- Team India has won many prestigious tournaments under his captaincy as the ICC World Twenty20 championship in 2007, the CB Series of 2007–08, the Asia Cup 2010, the ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 and of course the ICC Champions Trophy in 2013.
- He was awarded the Man of the Match In the final of the World Cup 2011, when he scored 91 not out in 79 balls leading team India to the grand victory.
- Dhoni is also the only captain to win all three ICC limited-overs tournaments- World Cup, Champions Trophy and the World Twenty20.
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni also take team India to number one position in the ICC Test rankings for the first time.
- Team India became the first team to whitewash Australia in a Test series in 2013, under his captaincy in more than 40 years.
- He captained the Chennai Super Kings in the IPL (Indian Premier League) and also lead his team to victory in 2010 and 2011 seasons.
- Dhoni has also won the Champions League Twenty20 tournaments in 2010 and 2014.
- He withdraw test cricket and announced his retirement from Tests on 30 December 2014.
- Dhoni holds the designation of Vice-President of the company India Cements Ltd after resigning from Air India. India Cements Ltd holds the ownership of the IPL team Chennai Super Kings.
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni is also the co-owner of Indian Super League team Chennaiyin FC.
- He is a big fan of Adam Gilchrist, Amitabh Bachchan and famous Indian singer Lata Mangeshkar.
- MSD completed his school education at DAV Jawahar Vidya Mandir, Shyamali, Ranchi, Jharkhand where he practiced badminton and football and was also selected at district and club level in these sports.
Intially MS Dhoni was a goal-keeper
MS Dhoni biography-
- Dhoni was a goalkeeper in his football team but he was sent to play cricket by his football coach for a local cricket club.
- Though MSD had no experience in cricket yet, but he impressed the officials with his wicket-keeping skills and became the regular wicketkeeper at the Commando cricket club from the year 1995 to 1998.
- He was taken to the Vinoo Mankad Trophy considering his performance at club cricket, where he also performed well.
- Dhoni started focusing on his cricket after his 10th standard.
- He did a job of TTE (Travelling Ticket Examiner) at Kharagpur railway station from 2001 to 2003. His job-mates recognized and remember him as a very honest and hard-working employee of the Indian Railways.
- There is an amazing story associated with Dhoni. One day, when Dhoni was living in the railway quarters, he and two of his friends covered themselves in white bedsheets and walked around in the quarter complex till midnight. The watchman on night duty, afraid that there were ghosts moving around in the complex. The incident made big news on the next day.
- Dhoni played his Ranji Trophy debut match for Bihar in the 1999–2000 ranji season, in the age of just 18. He played well and made a half century (68*) in this match against Assam.
- MSD made his ODI debut against Bangladesh in late 2004.
- Dhoni got run out for a duck on his ODI debut.
- He has the score of 183* as his highest score in ODIs, which he hit against Sri Lanka in 2005.
MS Dhoni biography: Personal life
MS Dhoni biography-
- Dhoni married his schoolmate in DAV Jawahar Vidya Mandir, Sakshi Singh Rawat, on 4 July 2010.
- At that time, she was pursuing her hotel management course and was working as a trainee at the Taj Bengal hotel in Kolkata.
- Sakshi’s father has a tea growing business.
- The couple became parents to a baby girl named Ziva, on 6 February 2015.
Some International cricket records by MS Dhoni
MS Dhoni biography-
- Dhoni is the first Indian wicket-keeper to complete 4,000 runs in test cricket.
- He is the most successful Indian Test captain with 27 Test wins, surpassing Sourav Ganguly with 21 wins.
- Dhoni’s maiden test century (148) against Pakistan in Faisalabad is the fastest 100 by an Indian wicket-keeper.
- Dhoni has an Indian record to complete 50 sixes in tests as a captain.
- He has 294 dismissals in his test career, most of any Indian wicket-keeper.
- Dhoni holds the record of highest score by a wicket-keeper in ODI cricket when he smash 183* against Sri Lanka in 2005. It is also his highest ODI score.
- He is the first Indian and fifth overall batsman to hit 200 sixes in ODIs.
- Dhoni has the unique record of playing the most ODI matches as a captain.
- He is the First wicket-keeper in the world to have 100 ODI stumpings.
- MSD holds an amazing record of playing the most innings in T20I cricket before scoring first fifty.
- Without even scoring a career half-century, he is the first player to score 1000 runs in T20Is.
- He played most T20I matches as captain.
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni is the first wicket-keeper to complete 150 stumpings in all formats of the game. In fact, he also possess the record of most international stumpings (161 stumpings).
- Dhoni launched his lifestyle brand SEVEN In February 2016 and he is also the brand ambassador of SEVEN.
- There is also a bollywood film, based on the life of Dhoni, titled M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story, publishing it’s first show on 30 September 2016.